An utterly unique masterpiece of wood and windows, Italian luxury and Eastern simplicity, the Adobe Zen House is situated on three private acres in the mountains of Taos, New Mexico with panoramic vistas of the landscape, the town of Taos and San Antonio Mountain in the distance.
Lovingly designed for peace-seekers and entertainers alike, the open floor plan is equipped with a professional kitchen, elegant dining area, and enormous living spaces. The great room is naturally lit from all sides by picture windows and French doors that open to a spacious covered patio and minimal Japanese inspired gardens. In the center of the flowing living areas, an atrium opens to the sun and stars through 400 square feet of glass panels directly above a central play-space for the child in all of us: an indoor sand-garden.
In the morning, wake to brilliant sunlight in every corner of the house. Take an hour to peruse the collection of books in the library. Spend your days walking the grounds and contemplating the beauty that surrounds you, or skiing on the world-famous slopes around Taos. In the evening, wander home for a hot tub or sauna, a glass of wine or a cup of hot green tea on your spectacular patio. Take in the clean mountain air and majestic views. Whip up an intimate meal for you and your guests or have a private chef prepare a sumptuous dinner party menu. In the evening relax and take in the breathtaking starlit sky outdoors on the portale (roofed patio), or with a push of a button open the ceiling panels to reveal the starry sky above. At bedtime retreat to the large cozy bedrooms and in the tranquil stillness enjoy peaceful sleep nestled in fine linen.Read GO BACK
- 74-foot open concept great room with kitchen, living room, dining room, library and atrium
- 400 square feet of retractable glass panels directly above a central entertainment and play-space for the child in all of us: an indoor sand-garden
- Enormous stone fireplace
- Professional kitchen with breakfast bar
- Generous game room complete with a pint-pong and pool table
- Sauna with glass doors overlooking the mountains
- Hot tub for relaxing après ski
- Three-acre wooded grounds with spectacular views
- Minimal Japanese inspired gardens
- Indoor and outdoor meditation areas
- Equidistant between Taos Ski and Angel Fire Ski Hills
- Just 7 minutes from Town Center
- Handicap accessible, wide halls and doorways, no steps, all one level, zero barriers
- Allergy free! No pets permitted.
ELITE’s concierge services ensure that you make the most of your stay. Relax and enjoy the local culture! Our services include:
- Meet and greet at the home
- Home familiarization
- Pre-grocery shopping (additional charge)
- Restaurant reservations
- Coordination of chef services
- Coordination of in-home massage and spa services
- Additional cleaning requests
Our concierge is on-call to make your stay easy and memorable.
About the Area
Breathtaking mountains, rushing rivers, exquisite dining and world famous art await you in Taos, New Mexico. Fiery sunsets and clean mountain air will refresh your spirit, and skiing, hiking, or fly-fishing will satisfy your adventurous side. From white-water rafting on the Rio Grande to the magical slopes of Angel Fire and Taos Ski Valley, the outdoors beckon you to play. In town, a myriad of museums and galleries, an evening at the Winter Wine Festival, or a meal at one of the world-class restaurants will delight you. With Elite Destination Homes, you will have access to it all from your private luxury vacation rental in Taos, New Mexico.
Gorgeous home and setting!
“Our group had the loveliest time staying in this beautiful home! The home is about 10 minutes from town and about 30 minutes to Taos Ski Valley. We enjoyed being in the natural remote setting…” [Continue reading]
“We ventured to Taos in September to just get away and do some mountain biking. Three couples taking a sabbatical from our children. We were captivated by the house and the pictures that…” [Continue reading]
A must stay!
“If you are looking at the Taos area for a get away for either in season or out of season, this property is a must. It truly has it all. A large gourmet kitchen with all of the feature you would want…” [Continue reading]
Rates & Calendar
Dates Nightly Rate Weekly Rates Jan 6 – Dec 19 $395 $2,765 Dec 20 – Jan 5 $895 $6,265
Maximum occupancy 8 guests
Additional 5% tax not included
2.5% processing fee
$89 optional damage insurance (US residents only) or $3,000 refundable security deposit
$295 additional cleaning fee for all reservations
$125 additional mid-stay cleaning fee for reservations 7+ nights